SITA Hackathon 2021 – Official Rules:
The event is organized by SITA (“Organizer”). THE HACKATHON IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. NO ENTRY FEE. The Hackathon begins at 8:00am GST, 12th March 2021 and ends at 11:59pm GST, 21st March 2021.
SITA is introducing its first virtual Hackathon focused on SITA’s OPEN APIs. It will be held on 12th-21st March. The Hackathon will be hosted virtually and is aimed to encourage participants to build products and solutions that enhance the safety and experience of the traveler of the future . The Hackathon is open to those who are interested in the aviation and technology industries and are passionate about creating new and innovative solutions within the scope of the proposed challenges. For this Hackathon, participants will form teams and work on creating prototypes that fall into one of the below categories:
· Passenger Experience – with changing priorities of air travel passengers, the industry constantly needs to introduce new solutions and services that will improve the passenger experience and make them feel more at ease while flying
· Cargo & Baggage - COVID has sped up the adoption of digital technologies in cargo and baggage by several years. What out of the box solutions can we further create to boost the digitalization efforts in these areas? Potential areas could be vaccine logistics, sustainability, cost reduction and tracing.
· Airport of the Future – within the ever-changing transportation realm, we’re excited to see what participants envision will stay or become a part of the future traveler’s journey
· AI & Data (Open challenge) – this is an open challenge where we’d like to see participants’ creativity and innovation while using the APIs and data sets that are available to them
A Participant or a team of participants are eligible to register and participate if they meet the following requirements at the time of entry, as applicable:
· Residents of countries in the following regions: Middle East, Africa, South Asia or Turkey
· 18 years or older
· Not an employee (or family member) of SITA or any of the participating Hackathon partners
A participant can either take part on an individual basis or as part of a team of up to four (4) people (either referred to as a “Participant”). You cannot switch teams more than 96 hours into the competition. You can add team members up to the point of Project Submissions. Organizer is not responsible for, and will not assist in resolving, any disputes between team members; participation of a team is deemed to done by the whole of the registered team members.
If a Participant is a team, the team must choose one member to represent that team before the Organizer; the chosen member is deemed to be acting on behalf of themselves and all other team members. As a Participant, you will be required to do the following:
• Utilize at least one of SITA’s OPEN APIs in your prototype. All Participants will have equal access to SITA’s OPEN APIs using a shared API key, which is to be determined by the Organizer’s sole discretion. The organizer also reserves the right to change the APIs provided at the event at any stage.
• Participants (team or individuals) may only make one Submission. Incomplete Submissions (those that may be missing or one or more of the parts required for judging) may be disqualified.
The Jury for the Hackathon will be comprised of representatives from the Organizer’s Management as well as Hackathon Partners and Supporters. The Jury will evaluate the Submissions provided by Participants during the Hackathon according to the following judging criteria:
· Usability/User Experience
· Use of SITA’s OPEN APIs and datasets
· Technical Implementation
· Usefulness & Business Case
· Challenge & Industry Impact
The Organizer may, in its sole discretion, replace members of the Jury.
The Jury will assign scores for each parameter and determine the winning Participants. In the event of a tie, a tie-breaking voting will be held until three winning Participants have been selected.
In the event of a conflict of interest, a member of the Jury may recuse him/herself or be disqualified by the Organizer from passing judgment on a particular Participant(s). Such disqualification shall not affect or disqualify the judging or reviewing of that Participant's Submission by other members of the Jury.
The first three ranked Participants will win cash prizes of:
· First Place: USD 2,500 (USD two thousand and five hundred);
· Second Place: USD 1,500 (USD one thousand and five hundred);
· Third Place: USD 1,000 (USD one thousand);
In addition, each of the above winning Participants will receive:
· access to SITA’s OPEN APIs for a period of one year (Tier 1 with a maximum limit of 500,000 hits/month) subject to Terms & Conditions and based on the Organizer’s agreement. Access will only be granted to products that are wholly or partly owned by at least one member of the winning team and API access will be limited to a maximum of 1 product per winning team.
· Mentoring sessions from relevant aviation experts. This will include at least two (2) quarterly calls of sixty (60) minutes each.
The cash prizes will be sent by bank transfer within six (6) months of the end of the Hackathon. All prizes need to be claimed within six (6) months of the end of the Hackathon. All the non-monetary prizes are valid for a period of twelve (12) months after the winner claims the prize.
Eligibility for prizes remains subject to applicable sanctions and country laws.
The winners of the Hackathon will be announced one (1) week after the shortlisted Participants pitch to the Organizer’s employees via a live session.
Intellectual Property Ownership:
By participating in the hackathon and accepting these rules, the Participant hereby:
· Declares and represents that every part of the Submission is an original work and is the property of the team and in no way violates, in whole or in part, the intellectual or industrial property rights of others and releases the Organizer and its partners from any and all responsibility, liability, or request for compensation for damages that should be made by any third party;
· acknowledges that any publication by the Organizer of any part of the Project Submission on websites, social media or via other media will result in the same being visible to the public and that the Organizer assumes no responsibility for any use and/or abuse of the idea and/or any development of the idea and/or related project or Submission by any party coming into contact with said idea online or on social media and hereby waives any right to demand compensation for damages from the Organizer for any reason.
No assignment of the Participants’ intellectual property rights in their Submission is required as part of the Hackathon.
· Participants release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organizer, our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives affiliates, suppliers, successors and assigns (hereafter the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses, and liabilities (including without limitation reasonable fees and costs for attorneys and investigations), arising out of, based on, or in connection with (i) their misuse of the Hackathon; (ii) a dispute with another Participant ; (iii) their breach of these Official Rules; (iv) violation of any law or the rights of any third party, including intellectual property rights; ( (v) negligence resulting in damages of any kind to persons and property, (vi) defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to your use of the Site or Service.
· Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties shall have no liability in connection with:
· technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the Hackathon;
· unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Hackathon’s operation;
· technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Site or Service; or
· any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Hackathon.
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Hackathon, Participant consents and authorizes Devpost the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to Participant (if true) for the purposes of running the competition, advertising and marketing purposes for this Hackathon or future Hackathon opportunities without additional compensation. If Participant is a member of the winning teams, Participant agrees for the Organizer to process their personal information for all of the above purposes as well as to distribute prize(s).
The Organizer reserves the right to verify the validity of Submissions, as well as their compliance with these Official Rules , and to disqualify any Participant who provides a Submission that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who interferes in any way with the entry process, or applicable rules and regulations.
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Hackathon and/or cancel or amend the prizes if it deems in its sole discretion that there is an insufficient number of Participants or in the event of any state of emergency or act of God.
The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who the Organizer has reason to believe has breached any of these Official Rules or has engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct.
The Organizer has the right to make any and all decision in relation to each aspect of the Hackathon. The Organizer’s decisions are final and binding on every Participant and there shall be no appeal or review process for any such decision.
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Hackathon or take any other action it deems fit with respect to the Hackathon without any liability.
The Organizer reserves the right to change these Official Rules and to add and/or remove any provisions from thereof at any time (including before and during the Competition), for any reason and in any manner it deems fit.
Participants are invited to continually read these Official Rules; the use of the Hackathon after any change is deemed an acceptance by the Participant to the change in the Official Rules.